Clear Induction Program
About the Program
This program is designed around the CSTPs and immediate classroom needs of teachers. The program is a one-on-one mentoring model, in which contracted teachers are matched with experienced mentors. New teachers receive support to help develop skill and competence in the teaching profession, which helps increase retention of teachers in the education field. This two-year program allows candidates to engage in an individualized, job-embedded system of mentoring. Individual Learning Plans (ILP) focus on self-identified goals and self-reflection, evidenced through video recordings, and online learning forums.
The SDSU Induction Program is fully aligned with the new standards for teacher induction programs that were released by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing in 2016. This fully online program is designed to support all Multiple and Single Subject teachers holding a Preliminary California Teaching Credential regardless of their current teaching location. Candidates may teach in public, private, charter, or international schools with diverse populations.
- Two years
- Professional development based on teacher's self-identified needs
- Professional literature review
- Job-embedded mentoring (about you and your students)
- Mentors with experience teaching your subject or grade level
- Connect with peers
- All classes are online
- Video recording lessons for feedback from mentor
- Step 1 Hold a Bachelor's Degree.
- Step 2 Earn a Preliminary Credential through CTC requirements, Coursework, and Student Teaching.
- Step 3 Start your teaching career with a teaching contract.
- Step 4 Earn a Clear Credential by completing an Induction Program through your school district, a County Office of Education, or a university partner.
- Step 5 Renew your credential by paying the CTC required fees, every 5 years. At this time, CTC does not require any additional professional growth requirements cleared credential holders.
The total cost for two years is $7200 and is divided into four payments. Each payment is due at the time of registration. There is an additional required cost of $120 for a two-year Sibme subscription. This is the online platform used for video and work submissions and achieving mentoring sessions.
Early Completion Option
There is an early completion option for candidates who have successfully completed a year of induction through a different program or candidates with over three years of teaching experience. The early completion option is not guaranteed and requires a review from the Induction Admissions and Retention Committee.
How to Apply
Visit how to apply for more information.