Programs of Study

Learn about programs of study (credential, master's, and certificate) in the high-demand field of special education. You are considering an important field at an exciting time.

Please note: If you plan to teach in California, you must get a California credential first. A master's degree alone will not allow you to teach. Typically, students enroll in a clear credential and master's programs simultaneously.


An internship provides the opportunity for candidates to obtain their credential by taking courses in the Department of Special Education on a part-time basis while they are working as full-time teachers.  Learn more about internship opportunities in the Department of Special Education and how to apply to an internship program.