SDSU Children's Center
CFD students and the Children's Center
Many of our CFD courses provide a rich learning experience for Child Development Majors and Minors by collaborating with the Children’s Center.
These courses use the Children’s Center for classroom laboratory experiences. The following courses are designed to enhance a student’s knowledge on child development through hands-on experiences as well as focus on the child development major domains: physical/motor, cognitive, social, and emotional. They allow students to apply the knowledge they acquired during their lectures to real-life situations involving children. By exposing students to children of various ages, from infants to six year olds, they gain understanding of the developmental continuum.
The courses include:
· CFD 270 Human Development Across the Lifespan
· CFD 270L Principles of Observation: Child Development Laboratory
· CFD 275 Learning Environments and Developmentally Appropriate Practices
· CFD 378A Laboratory Experiences: Infants/Toddlers
· CFD 378B Laboratory Experiences: Preschool/Kindergarten
· CFD 596 Advanced Studies in Child and Family Development
"Being a CFD minor, I love how my classes associate with the SDSU Children's Center. They expose me to children of various ages and in different settings, so that I can learn through hands-on experiences rather than just sitting in a class, listening to lectures." - Diana Prado, CFD minor, Class of 2021
About the Children's Center
If you are a student with young children, the SDSU Children's Center can provide your children with loving care in an educational program while you are in class. All parents who are attending college and those working need resources. Don't add to your worries by wondering who will take care of your children while you are in school or at work.
The SDSU Children's Center, located on the campus grounds offers excellent child care and preschool programs for the children of SDSU students, faculty, staff, and community. The Center is licensed by the California Department of Social Services and staffed by certified child development specialists who will give your children lots of attention and tender loving care.
Your children will be free to learn, explore and have fun in a loving and relaxed atmosphere, so you can be free to focus on your classes and your work.
The Center is open year round and follows the university calendar for closures.
Separate Classrooms for children of different ages:
- Infant (6 months to 18 months)
- Toddler (18 months to 28 months)
- Preschool (2 years to 6 years)
Features and benefits
- Fees Determined by Family Size and Income
- Sliding Scales and Grant Programs Available
- Snacks, Meals and Diapers Included
- Certified and Caring Staff
- Part-time and Full-time Programs Available
- Convenient Entrance for Drop-off and Pick-up
- Parent Involvement is an Intregal Part of the Center
- Great Indoor and Outdoor Play Areas
- Located across College Ave to the East between Parking Structure 1 and 6
- Visit the SDSU Children's Center for rates and more information.