PK-12 School Leadership
Ed.D. in Educational Leadership
The Ed.D. Program in Educational Leadership w/ PK-12 concentration seeks to advance the work of public schools throughout San Diego and Imperial counties. The program is committed to developing reflective leaders and change agents, capable of responding to the area’s demographic shifts and the increasingly complex needs of educational organizations within this diverse multicultural region.
Emphasizing theory, research, and practice, the program provides an opportunity for students to work within ongoing, active learning communities, as they interact with faculty and other cohort members.
Students acquire deeper understanding of themselves as educators, leaders, policy makers, and policy advocates, developing the knowledge and skills necessary to improve student learning through creative, flexible, visionary, humane, and ethical leadership.
Competencies & Skills
The program strives to develop leaders who are:
- Experts in educational leadership
- Critical thinkers informed by scholarly literature
- Transformational change agents
- Self-aware, ethical professionals
- Professionals who value and promote access, equity, and student success
View the course sequence for the Ed.D. Program in Educational Leadership w/ PK-12 Concentration.
The Ed.D. PK-12 Handbook contains program goals and learning outcomes, details about program structure, courses, qualifying exam and dissertation, program cohort, advancement to candidacy, key policies and regulations, and more.
- Dalia Corrigan ([email protected]), PK-12 Ed.D. Program Coordinator (please direct prospective student inquiries to Ms. Corrigan)
- Greg Ottinger, Ed.D. ([email protected]), PK-12 Ed.D. Program Co-Director
- James Marshall, Ph.D. ([email protected]), PK-12 Ed.D. Program Senior Director