Come learn about world reknown conductor- Maestro Jahja Ling
Exhibit: March 24 to August 13, 2023. See CCC calendar for times
Chinese Cultural Center
CCC provides a space to host visiting scholars, lecture series and exhibitions and is part of the university’s larger efforts to increase international and binational awareness, education and partnerships.In August, 2019 San Diego State launched a new Chinese Cultural Center (CCC). The Chinese Cultural Center is sponsored by the College of Education and supports cultural, historical, linguistic, artistic and political knowledge and awareness of China and the broader Asia Pacific Region.
We invite you to follow us on Facebook and Instagram, where we announce our monthly events. We regularly organize a variety of exciting activities and we encourage you to join us. Don't miss out on the fun!
Mission and Vision of The SDSU Chinese Cultural Center
San Diego State University established the Chinese Cultural Center (CCC) in August
2019. The Center is sponsored by the College of Education to support the study of
cultural, historical, linguistic, artistic, and political knowledge about China and
the Asia-Pacific region as a whole.
The Chinese Cultural Center provides space to host visiting scholars, lecture series, and exhibitions, and is the result of San Diego State University's efforts to increase international and binational awareness, education, and partnerships.
The core goals of the Chinese Cultural Center are as follows：
- Provide students and faculty with fresh information about Chinese history and culture through regular and rotating exhibits
- Provide opportunities for faculty collaboration, co-productions and research (e.g., theater, television and film; history; climate; art and design; language; education; sports; literature; hospitality and tourism; business; international business; public policy; international affairs; Asian studies; etc.)
- Provide opportunities for interns regarding study in China and study abroad (long term, short term; summer, winter programs)
- Organizing summer camps for students from China and establishing a friendly relationship with SDSU
- Serving as an outreach and student recruitment center for the Chinese speaking world
- Serve as a joint San Diego Chinese Cultural Education School
- Develop joint degree programs with universities in the Chinese-speaking world
- Provide Chinese cultural experiences for current students